FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Rocktown Beer & Music Festival?
The Rocktown Beer & Music Festival is brought to you by Three Brothers Brewing Co. and Pale Fire Brewing Co. It showcases the growing popularity of craft beers from around the country in a relaxed and friendly environment. Patrons receive a commemorative sampling mug and great music all day long. Tickets are available for underage patrons and designated drivers.
What if I bought tickets, but will not be able to attend the festival?
Sorry, as stated when purchased, tickets are non-refundable. But the name on the ticket is interchangeable. So you can sell or give the tickets to someone. The bar code scanner will check it’s authenticity. Just make sure the guest brings 2 ID’s if you bought the full access ticket.
How much does the event cost?
Discounted early-bird tickets will be available for a limited period.
- Full access $39
- VIP Section and VIP access $80
- VIP designated driver ticket $40
- Underage and designated drivers $25
If this event does not sell out, tickets will be made available at the door until we sell out at the following prices:
Day Of Purchase
- Full access $44
- VIP Section and VIP access $90
- VIP designated driver ticket $45
- Underage and designated drivers $30
- Half-day tickets $25 are available from 5 p.m.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone showing signs of intoxication.
What’s included with the VIP Ticket?
Enter through the designated VIP area, so there is a minimal line for VIP ticket holders. Drink beer from the dedicated draft lines where you can get 12 oz pours in a Rocktown Cup! There will be seating to watch the bands, plus additional seating with tents to relax. Plus food and drinks throughout the day. Make your Rocktown Festival experience top-notch!
Where is the Rocktown Festival?
Rocktown Beer & Music Festival is held at the Turner Pavilion (The Farmer’s Market Pavilion) in Downtown Harrisonburg.
Google Maps & Directions
From 81 North or South
- Take Exit 245 Take a left from the South or a right from the North and go west (toward JMU and downtown) on Port Republic Rd.
- Take a right onto South Main Street. Follow South Main to downtown. Take a left onto Water Street. Take another left onto Liberty Street.
From Points East and West
- Take Rt 33 (Market Street) to Court Square
From the West
- Take a right onto Liberty Street just before Court Square.
From the East
- Go around Court Square and continue west on Rt 33. Take a left onto Liberty Street.
From Liberty Street
- Continue South through the light at Bruce Street. The Market is just ahead on your left.
What’s included in the ticket price?
- Ten 4 ounce pours. (Your bracelet will be marked each time you have sample.)
- Souvenir, 5-Ounce sampling glass
- Sampling of 76+ Craft Beers
- Live entertainment all day long
Can I buy more beer after my samples run out?
A “Rocktown Pint card” will be available. $5 will buy you 4 more samples, card sales will be limited. Each sample will be marked off your card when you order.
Should I bring 2 IDs?
Yes, bring a drivers license and credit card or student ID. 2 IDs will be mandatory when getting a drinking bracelet. Keep your bracelet on at all times, this proves you are 21 or older. We will not accept cracked, broken or damaged IDs.
Can I buy tickets at the door?
If tickets are still available, they will be sold at the door.
Can I bring my own food or drinks to the event?
No outside food or drinks allowed.
Will there be at ATM on site and can I pay at the door with a credit card?
There will be access to cash at the merchandise booth through HDR. We will be accepting credit cards via square for ticket purchases only, if tickets are still available.
Will food and non-alcoholic drinks be available?
We have a great selection of food vendors at the festival who will be providing food and non-alcoholic drinks.
What if it rains?
The breweries will be under the Turner Pavilion, so there is some cover. Bring rain gear, because the event will happen rain or shine!
Can I leave the festival and return?
When’s the last beer poured?
Last call 7:30pm, last pour 7:45 pm, and the event ends at 8:00 pm.
Can I bring kids or pets?
Kids under 10 are free, but pets are not.